George Papadopoulos, a foreign-policy advisor to the Trump Campaign, has also pleaded guilty to the Federal Bureau of Investigation about his contacts with a professor connected with the Russian government officials.
Sanders insisted that Papadopoulos was a member of a volunteer advisory council that only met once and had no paid role within the campaign, while glossing over the actual meeting that occurred between even higher campaign officials and Russian government officials in Trump Tower in June 2016.
Sanders was then asked by a reporter: "So his activities were entirely of his invention, no one asked him to do any of these things - is that what you're telling the American public?"
At the time Trump described him as an "excellent guy" so was clearly familiar with his work.
But the bigger story came later yesterday when it was revealed that former policy adviser George Papadopoulos had pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI during the Russian investigation.
Stranger Things Actor Barred Entry to US
After drug-sniffing dogs caught the actor with traces of cocaine on his personal items, Heaton was detained but not arrested. One Stranger Things star was celebrating the release of Season 2 on Netflix perhaps a little too hard this past week.
Her comments echoed President Trump's tweet earlier in the day in which he called Mr. Papadopoulos "was already proven to be a liar".
She said Trump hasn't changed his principles on a tax overhaul.
Papadopoulos was living in London when he joined the campaign, according to the indictment. The White House spokeswoman denied that the campaign aide was acting in an "official capacity" when he communicated with alleged Russian-tied individuals about "dirt" on Hillary Clinton.
In fact, Papadopoulos was contacted after he learned he'd be joining the campaign, and the professor only mentioned the "thousands of emails" after he'd been on the Trump campaign for more than a month.
"In the hours after the indictment", The Associated Press says, "the president angrily told one confidant that Manafort had been a campaign "part-timer" who had only helped steer the convention and got too much credit for Trump's ability to hold onto the nomination".
- Guelph supports Toronto's bid to host Amazon's HQ2
- Missing Pakistani journalist probing Indian citizen's case found after 2 years
- UN, AU pledge to help Kenya ensure credible rerun of presidential poll
- Gurriel issued five-game ban, but not in World Series
- Drop your prescription drugs off with no questions asked at these locations
- Harvey Weinstein scandal: New accuser files first lawsuit against Weinstein Company
- PM Modi to celebrate Diwali with army soldiers in Gurez
- Kourtney Kardashian Has Finally Acknowledged These Pregnancy Rumours!
- Amazon announces Alexa powered security camera along with a new delivery service
- Android creator's Essential smartphone reduces price by $200